Cost of Living Crisis
Household Advice for Residents
Connected Communities is a programme designed to improve access to council and voluntary support in Haringey.
We want to help and encourage residents to live their version of a good life.
We can work with you to:
- better understand the root causes of your issues
- support you in finding solutions
If we’re not the best people to help you, we will introduce you to the team or service who is.
Some more helpful advice...
Haringey Support Fund
We recognise that some residents are experiencing financial hardship.
The Haringey Support Fund (HSF) is a scheme to help residents who:
- have a low income
- are facing unexpected costs
- need help to meet their immediate needs
- need help to pay for essential items that are difficult to budget for
The scheme gives one-off payments for:
- help with your basic living needs:
- items for day to day living such as food and essential household items
- utilities including gas and electricity reconnection
- help with essential clothing and footwear
- help with other basic living needs, such as support to pay broadband bills where there is an urgent need
- items to help you remain in your home or when moving into a new home like:
- essential household appliances like a fridge or washing machine
- bedding, mattresses and some types of furniture
- cooking equipment, or other essential kitchen items
As we cannot know every challenge you may face, we accept applications for other essential support which cannot be budgeted for.
Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Help with family costs
Available support to help with the costs of raising and maintaining a family.
Help with housing costs
Help into employment
Need help finding a job or support with the costs of finding work? Find out more.
The Cost of Living crisis is creating challenges for businesses, families and communities. The rising costs of food, fuel and energy bills are making trading conditions difficult for local businesses.
Haringey Council is committed to supporting the local business community through these tough times. If you need help, support or advice please email email@example.com
If you are a resident in Haringey and need help, please visit our 'Haringey, here to help' pages to see what support is available.